Kansas City Chiefs AFC West Preview: Can Tyreek Hill Be Replaced?
Aug 3, 2022, 8:42 AM
(Photo by Jim Rogash/Getty Images)
The Kansas City Chiefs had a busy offseason.
The biggest move was the team’s loss of Tyreek Hill. The Chiefs traded the receiver to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks. The trade came after a failed attempt to resign the star receiver to a contract extension.
The Chiefs then signed JuJu Smith-Schuster and Marquez Valdes-Scantling to join their receiving core of Mecole Hardman, Josh Gordon, and others.
After losing to the Cincinnati Bengals by a field goal in overtime of the AFC Championship Game, the Chiefs hope to run it back with its core roster pieces intact.
Matt Derrick, a writer for the Chiefs Digest, joined Cattles & Ramie on Tuesday afternoon to discuss the Kansas City Chiefs and preview the AFC West ahead of the 2022 NFL season.
Topics discussed included:
- The Chiefs will look different without Tyreek Hill. Is that different going to be good or bad?
- How are new receivers Marquez Valdes-Scantling and JuJu Smith-Schuster gelling with Patrick Mahomes
- Are Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes under pressure to succeed?
- How much better will the Chiefs be on the defensive side of the ball in 2022?
- Has the AFC West gotten better enough to knock the Chiefs off the top of the mountain?
Click here to watch and listen to the full interview.
Listen to Cattles & Ramie from 3 – 6 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday right here on Sactown Sports 1140.
For full episodes of The Cattles & Ramie Show, click here.