SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
Arik Armstead on why it was fulfilling eliminating the Dallas Cowboys
Jan 26, 2023, 11:50 AM | Updated: 11:50 am
(Photo by Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images)
San Francisco 49ers defensive end and Sacramento native Arik Armstead joined The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross on Thursday morning to talk about last weekend’s win over the Dallas Cowboys, how they’re preparing for the Eagles and more.
Topics discussed include:
- The intensity between the 49ers and Cowboys last Sunday
- Difference between when he was a rookie to today, where he’s playing in his third NFC Championship
- Why he would’ve liked to have tackled Dak Prescott for the game-winning safety, but instead tackled Prescott in a way to avoid getting a roughing the passer call.
- “In that situation, I was running straight at him. I thought he saw me and was going to throw the ball and obviously, I didn’t want to kill him and get a roughing the passer call, so I kind of let up a little bit in that situation and looking back, I wish I hadn’t. I think I wanted a game-ending sack and safety more than anyone else in the world, but it is what it is.”
- How the 49ers’ offense and defense adjust mid-game
- Why the game against the Cowboys came down to making plays in crucial moments
- “Any time you call yourself Amreica’s Team, it’s a good feeling that there’s more people that aren’t fans in America of the Cowboys than there are. It’s fulfilling for sure.”
- How teammates like Nick Bosa view Arik Armstead and why he views himself as a leader
- What the 49ers are doing to prepare for Jalen Hurts and the Philadelphia Eagles.
- What his pre-game routine is, starting the night before a matchup?
Click here to watch and listen to the full interview with Aril Armstead.
Listen to The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross from 6 – 11 a.m. PST, Monday through Friday, on Sactown Sports 1140.
Click here for full episodes of The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross.