CBS Football analyst says there are huge question marks around all three 49ers QBs
Aug 17, 2023, 3:29 PM | Updated: 3:48 pm
Already three weeks into training camp, and we’re still answering questions about the San Francisco 49ers’ QB situation.
Steve Beuerlein, CBS Sports College Football analyst, joined JayMarZZ and F.P. Santangelo Jr. to discuss what he thinks of quarterback Brock Purdy as he works his way back from elbow surgery, where Sam Darnold & Trey Lance stand as backups, and what the roster of the 49ers looks like right now. Plus, how big of a championship window do the Red & Gold have?
All that & much more on Sactown Sports.
“I think it’s a situation where you’ve got such a big question mark around that whole position this year because of the status of your starting quarterback,” Steve Beulein said on the show Thursday. “One of my big concerns is trying to get him back for Week 1…My opinion on the whole matter, is that the 49ers need to be really patient with Brock Purdy, even if it means [resting] him maybe even a couple of weeks into the season to make sure that thing is 100%. Make sure he’s worked up to that level where he’s not going to have a risk of a setback.”
- Steve’s thoughts on the QB competition in Santa Clara
- Is Brock Purdy truly QB1 for the 49ers?
- Steve’s experience with UCL surgery
- Is there cause for concern with Purdy’s injury?
- Why is Sam Darnold not a franchise QB?
- What does Trey Lance need to work on in a backup role?
- How big is the 49ers championship window?