Chris Biderman says nothing went well in the 49ers preseason game
Aug 15, 2023, 1:25 PM
Chris Biderman, the senior sports reporter for the Sacramento Bee, joined Whitey & Watkins Tuesday to talk about the 49ers’ first preseason game, which players need to have bounce-back games Saturday and more.
While it’s easy to dwell on what went wrong against the Raiders, Biderman noted that quarterback Trey Lance has not played football in 11 months.
“I think that’s kind of getting swept under the rug a little bit, but I didn’t think anything went well for the Niners,” Biderman said. “I do wonder if part of that has to do with the messaging from Kyle Shanahan that the joint practices with the Raiders on Thursday and Friday of last week meant a whole lot more than the preseason game.”
Additional topics discussed include:
- How the 49ers can only go up from here
- What are the chances Trey Lance is on the team at the start of the season?
- Why trading Lance after the season makes more sense
- Is it important for Jake Moody to make kicks this weekend?
- How important would it be for 49ers rookie tight end Cameron Latu to put together a strong preseason game against the Denver Broncos?
Listen to Whitey & Watkins from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday, on Sactown Sports 1140. Thank you for reading SactownSports.com. Follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.