ESPN’s Jesse Rogers thinks the pitch clock is a ‘big deal’ for the future of the MLB
Mar 30, 2023, 7:38 AM
(Photo by Brace Hemmelgarn/Minnesota Twins/Getty Images)
Baseball writer for ESPN, Jesse Rogers, joined Cattles & Ramie Wednesday to talk about Opening Day 2023, if the new league changes will affect the game heavily, and what to watch for this season. Plus, will the San Francisco Giants disappoint this season?
All that and more on Cattles & Ramie.
“I think it’s a big deal for the players,” Rogers said on the show. “Yes, they like getting home earlier. They like the game moving. However, there are some players that are concerned that the regular season is much different than spring training or the minor leagues, in terms of intensity, in terms of meaningfulness.”
Topics discussed include:
- Pitch clock: Big deal or no big deal?
- What other changes will benefit the game as a whole?
- Where will the San Francisco Giants finish in the NL West?
- How much of a challenge is it to compete with the Padres and the Dodgers in free agency?
- Is there any optimism for the Oakland A’s this year?
Click here to watch and listen to the full interview with Jesse Rogers.
Listen to Cattles & Ramie from 2 – 6 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday, right here on Sactown Sports 1140. Subscribe to their podcast here. Thank you for reading SactownSports.com. Follow us on Twitter, and be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.