Greg Papa says that SF 49ers’ Nick Bosa is ‘ready to roll’
Sep 8, 2023, 8:52 AM
(Photo by Michael Owens/Getty Images)
The wait is almost over. San Francisco 49ers football returns on Sunday morning!
During Friday’s edition of The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross, Dave and Jason were joined by Greg Papa, the radio voice of the 49ers, to preview the season-opening matchup between the 49ers and Pittsburgh Steelers, discuss the importance of Nick Bosa’s return to the team, and much more!
Be sure to get all of your San Francisco 49ers coverage right here on Sactown Sports 1140 all season long!
You can hear Greg Papa call the 49ers vs. Steelers game on Sactown Sports 1140 this Sunday, with pregame coverage beginning at 9:00 AM PST before a 10:00 AM PST kick-off from Accrisure Stadium in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Topics Discussed Include
- Papa shares his excitement for Sunday’s season-opener in Pittsburgh
- How worried was Papa about Nick Bosa’s negotiations with the 49ers
- “He’s ready to roll. He’s in amazing shape.” – Papa on Bosa
- Did the 49ers need Bosa to give themselves a better chance at beating the Steelers this weekend?
- Papa says that no team can win a Super Bowl this early in the season
- What are San Francisco’s most significant areas of concern entering 2023?
- Papa shares his takes on the 49ers roster
Listen to The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross from 6 – 10 a.m. PST, Monday through Friday, on Sactown Sports 1140.
How long and how much money did Nick Bosa sign for?
Reports surfaced Wednesday afternoon that the San Francisco 49ers and the defensive end Nick Bosa have agreed to a five-year, $170 million extension.
The deal makes Bosa the highest-paid defensive player in NFL history, surpassing Aaron Donald of the Los Angeles Rams. His contract also includes $122.5 million guaranteed and a $50 million signing bonus, the most for a non-quarterback in league history.
The deal was reported by ESPN’s Adam Schefter Wednesday, with local outlets confirming after.
Bosa, 25, is coming off a massive 2022 season, leading the league in sacks (18.5). He also registered 48 quarterback hits, 51 combined tackles, and two forced fumbles last year. His play earned All-Pro and Defensive Player of the Year honors, the first for the young pass rusher.
Upcoming San Francisco 49ers Schedule
- Sunday, September 10th – @ Pittsburgh Steelers – 10:00 AM PST
- Sunday, September 17th @ Los Angeles Rams – 1:05 PM PST
- Thursday, September 21st vs. New York Giants – 5:15 PM PST
- Sunday, October 1st vs. Arizona Cardinals – 1:25 PM PST
- Sunday, October 8th vs. San Francisco 49ers – 5:20 PM PST