Houston Texans AFC South Preview: What’s The Team’s Identity?
Aug 9, 2022, 11:14 AM | Updated: 1:17 pm
(Photo by Ken Murray/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images)
Addition by subtraction. That was the end result of the Houston Texans’ offseason.
After Deshaun Watson sat out the 2021 season, the Texans traded the quarterback to the Cleveland Browns in exchange for five draft picks — three first-round picks, a 2023 third-round pick and a 2024 fourth-round pick.
Also during the off-season, the Texans promoted Lovie Smith to head coach. Smith was the team’s defensive coordinator and associate head coach for the 2021 season.
Landry Locker, the host of Sports Radio 610 in Houston, joined Cattles & Ramie on Monday afternoon to discuss the Houston Texans and preview the AFC South ahead of the 2022 NFL season.
Topics discussed include:
- How are Texans fans feelings following the Deshaun Watson acquisitions and situation?
- What was the reaction to Lovie getting another head coaching shot?
- Is Davis Mills a legitimate quarterback in the NFL?
- What’s the biggest concern on the offensive side?
- Can the Texans’ defense surprise people?
- What are reasonable expectations for the Houston Texans in 2022?
Click here to watch and listen to the full interview
Listen to Cattles & Ramie from 3 – 6 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday right here on Sactown Sports 1140.
For full episodes of The Cattles & Ramie Show, click here.