Is 2023 Super Bowl-or-bust for the San Francisco 49ers?
Sep 7, 2023, 9:22 AM
(Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)
The wait is over. The NFL is BACK!
The Athletic’s Matt Barrows joined The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross on Thursday morning to preview the San Francisco 49ers’ 2023 season, discuss the importance of Nick Bosa’s return to the team, and look ahead to Sunday’s season-opener against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Plus: Is this year ‘Super Bowl-or-bust’ for the 49ers?
Topics Discussed Include:
- Matt celebrates his 10th year as a guest on the show
- Nick Bosa finally signs his extension with the San Francisco 49ers
- Has the dust settled on the Bosa front, and are both sides ready to turn the page?
- The 49ers will open up the season in Pittsburgh on Sunday
- How will Brock Purdy fare against a tough Steelers defense?
- “I’m expecting efficient Brock Purdy. He has a lot of weapons and a system that seems custom-built.”
- Which players are in danger of missing Sunday’s game?
- Is the 2023 season Super Bowl or bust for the 49ers?
- “They absolutely feel that way.” – Barrows on the Super Bowl or bust approach to the season
- Who will be San Francisco’s kicker on Sunday?
Listen to The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross from 6 – 10 a.m. PST, Monday through Friday, on Sactown Sports 1140.
More on Nick Bosa’s record-setting extension with the San Francisco 49ers
At long last, Nick Bosa has been paid by the 49ers.
Reports surfaced Wednesday afternoon that the San Francisco 49ers and the defensive end have agreed to a five-year, $170 million extension. The deal makes Bosa the highest-paid defensive player in NFL history, surpassing Aaron Donald of the Los Angeles Rams. His contract also includes $122.5 million guaranteed and a $50 million signing bonus, the most for a non-quarterback in league history.
The deal was reported by ESPN’s Adam Schefter Wednesday, with local outlets confirming after.