Jason Anderson thinks Sacramento’s defensive emphasis may be hurting their offense
Nov 8, 2023, 7:00 AM
(Photo by Carmen Mandato/Getty Images)
Not many Sacramento Kings beat reporters make extended trips to cover the team, but Jason Anderson beat reporter and editor of The Sacramento Bee, is one of the few. He joined The Rise Guys on Tuesday afternoon to share discussions from his time there, where their shortcomings have lied up to this point, and how their recent defensive emphasis may be impacting the other end of the floor.
Sacramento’s head coach, Mike Brown, has been tirelessly preaching physicality in the infancy of the 2023-24 NBA season. Anderson has begun to wonder if that additional responsibility and beating has affected the legs of shooters — they managed back-to-back games with less than 100 points after just four occasions the year prior.
Other topics discussed with Jason include:
- Why did Domantas Sabonis struggle to assert himself in Houston?
- The conversation changes when De’Aaron Fox is back out there
- Being surprised by their consecutive lackluster showings
- The Rockets’ impactful physicality over the weekend
- And plenty more!
Listen to The Drive Guys with Kevin ‘Whitey’ Gleason and Kyle Draper from 2 – 6 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday, on Sactown Sports 1140.
Click here for full episodes of The Drive Guys.
When is the next Sacramento Kings Game?
Sacramento will return home for a three-game homestand that tips off on Wednesday against the Portland Trail Blazers.
Keegan Murray will come face-to-face with his twin brother and rookie forward Kris Murray for the first time as NBA players when Portland arrives at Golden 1 Center.
Be sure to tune in right here on Sactown Sports 1140 for all of your Kings vs. Blazers coverage, beginning at 5:30 PM PST on Game Night before a 7:00 PM PST tip-off from downtown Sacramento.
Upcoming Sacramento Kings Schedule
- Wednesday, November 8th – Sacramento Kings vs. Portland Trail Blazers – 7 PM PST
- Friday, November 10th – Sacramento Kings vs. Oklahoma City Thunder** – 7 PM PST
- Monday, November 13th – Sacramento Kings vs. Cleveland Cavaliers – 7:00 PM PST
- Wednesday, November 15th – Sacramento Kings @ Los Angeles Lakers – 7:00 PM PST
- Friday, November 17th – Sacramento Kings @ San Antonio Spurs – 4:30 PM PST
** NBA In-Season Tournament Group Play