Kayte Christensen on why Kessler Edwards is not ready to start for Kings
Mar 22, 2023, 8:51 AM
(Photo by G Fiume/Getty Images)
Sacramento Kings TV analyst Kayte Christensen joined The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross on Wednesday morning to recap Tuesday night’s game against the Boston Celtics, moving Kessler Edwards to the starting rotation for Kevin Huerter and more.
“I’m a huge fan of Kessler, I’m a big fan of him defensively and he’s struggled a little bit more the last couple games because he’s in that starting lineup and he is being tasked with guarding the best player on these teams,” Christensen said when asked if Kessler Edwards should stay in the starting lineup. “I think he has the potential long-term to be a really solid three and D guy and develop into someone that maybe couple play major minutes. But I think his best use right now is what we were seeing prior to the Kevin Heurter injury, is spot defense.”
Additional topics discussed include:
- What the Celtics did last night that bothered Kayte
- The Kings being “right in it” when playing against the Milwaukee Bucks and Boston Celtics
- When the Kings struggle, Mike Brown and his staff make adjustments
- How the Celtics took Domantas Sabonis and the Kings out of rhythm
- Giving the Kings’ defense a letter grade against the Celtics
- When Kevin Heuerter returns, has Edwards done enough to make the rotation when the playoffs arrive?
Click here to watch and listen to the full interview with Kayte.
Listen to The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross from 6 – 11 a.m. PST, Monday through Friday, on Sactown Sports 1140. Subscribe to their podcast here. Follow us on Twitter and be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.