Kevin Huerter on his goal of being in All-Star Weekend’s 3-Point Contest
Sacramento Kings guard Kevin Huerter joined The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross on Friday morning to talk about his goal of participating in NBA All-Star Weekend’s Three-Point Contest, share what it was like to win his first Defensive Player of the Game chain, and discuss the upcoming seven-game road trip that tips off on Saturday in Minnesota.
Huerter, who is in his first season with the Kings, is shooting 41.8% from three-point land this season. Among players that have attempted at least 200 three-point attempts, the 24-year-old ranks ninth in the NBA in three-point field goal percentage.
light work after practice…
let's get @KevinHuerter in the 3-point contest at #NBAAllStar pic.twitter.com/d5WVHxGUyP
— Sacramento Kings (@SacramentoKings) January 26, 2023
Topics discussed include:
- Kevin talks about what it was like to win the Defensive Player of the Game for the first time
- Does Huerter want to participate in the Three-Point shoot-out at NBA All-Star Weekend?
- Huerter talks about how the Kings players fared on the lanes during the Kingpin Classic
- Kevin shares how odd of an experience it was to be mic’d up during Wednesday’s ugly loss to Toronto
- Diving into what went wrong during the loss to the Raptors
- Huerter says the Kings need to be more physical
- On the road: Huerter talks about how he prepared for the two-week road-trip
- Huerter gives his picks for this weekend’s NFL Conference championship games
Listen to The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross from 6 – 11 a.m. PST, Monday through Friday, on Sactown Sports 1140. Click here for full episodes of The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross. Click here for more Sacramento Kings coverage from Sactown Sports.
This interview was sponsored by Jiffy Lube.