Kings assistant coach Jay Triano says he’s impressed with Domantas playing hurt
On Thursday, Kings assistant coach Jay Triano joined Cattles & Ramie to discuss splitting the recent back-to-back games with the Denver Nuggets, Domantas Sabonis playing hurt, Davion Mitchell being awarded his first Defensive Player of the Game chain and more.
Topics discussed include:
- Why Domantas Sabonis impressed assistant coach Triano in his return from an injured hand
- Sabonis’ experience helps lead the Kings on both offense and defensive side of the ball
- If Domas is better defensively this year than expected
- What the staff is considering for the last play of the game, what’s discussed in the huddle and how early the coaching staff starts planning the end-of-game play
- How many plays are designed for an end-of-game situation and how often the team practices them
- Malik Monk was option 1 and De’Aaron Fox was option 2 in Wednesday night’s game-winning situation against the Nuggets
- What made Davion Mitchell so good defensively Wednesday night
- Why the Kings don’t need to see a dominant Fox every night and throughout the whole game
Listen to Cattles & Ramie from 3 – 6 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday right here on Sactown Sports 1140.