Lincoln Kennedy thinks the Raiders should use more play-action
Sep 21, 2023, 11:57 AM
(Photo by Kevin Sabitus/Getty Images)
Lincoln Kennedy, former NFL player and current radio broadcaster for the Las Vegas Raiders, joined Watkins & Whitey with Zakariah on Thursday to break down the Silver & Black’s start to the season, Josh Jacobs’ struggles in week two, the San Francisco 49ers’ hot start, the Pac-12, and more.
To open, Kennedy was asked his opinions on the Pac-12 potentially coming to an end in the near future. He explained why he believes it would damage the years of history stemming from that division and how competitive it has been.
“I’ve always felt that the Pac-12 was competitive,” Kennedy said. “It’s the only conference that made you play at least nine conference games.”
After the brief Pac-12 discussion, they transitioned into the Las Vegas Raiders. Lincoln Kennedy vocalized a clear trust in new quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo.
“Jimmy’s been a winner everywhere he’s gone,” Kennedy said.
Josh Jacobs, who led the NFL in rushing last season, somehow recorded -2 yards in the team’s week two loss to the Bills. Kennedy said opposing defenses know what’s coming too often and are loading the box to defend the run game. He thinks that finding a way to utilize play-action could help open up the field for Jacobs.
Other topics discussed include:
- The accuracy of Jimmy Garoppolo and his impressive touchdown-to-turnover ratio
- Las Vegas’s tough opening month schedule with Denver, Buffalo, Pittsburgh and the Los Angeles Chargers
- Someone aside from Maxx Crosby has to step up on defense
- Lincoln Kennedy: “Most coaches in the NFL use the first month of the season to evaluate and see where their team is truly at”
- Differences between Candlestick Park and Levi’s Stadium
- What has he seen from the 49ers so far?
Listen to Whitey & Watkins from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday, right here on Sactown Sports 1140. Subscribe to their podcast here.
Upcoming Las Vegas Raiders Schedule
- Saturday, September 24th vs. Pittsburgh Steelers – 5:20 PM PST
- Sunday, October 1st @ Los Angeles Chargers – 1:05 PM PST
- Sunday, October 9th vs. Green Bay Packers – 5:15 PM PST
- Sunday, October 15th vs. New England Patriots – 1:05 PM PST
- Sunday, October 22nd @ Chicago Bears – 10:00 AM PST