NBA expert on which teams will compete with the Kings in the coming years
May 25, 2023, 6:59 AM | Updated: 7:00 am
NBA salary cap wizard Keith Smith, a contributor to Spotrac and Celtics Blog, joined Cattles & Ramie on Wednesday to discuss where the Eastern Conference Finals goes after Game 4, if either team in the East can actually beat the Denver Nuggets, and more.
When asked about the future of the Western Conference and which teams could be at the top of the standings with the Sacramento Kings, Smith doesn’t expect the Nuggets to go away anytime soon.
“I don’t know that it’ll be this interaction of the Clippers, but when you have the kind of money Steve Balmer has, and he’s very very willing to continue to spend, I think there’s a chance they’re a pretty good team. And then, who know, if Victor Wembanyama is everything we think he is, the San Antonio Spurs could be there very quickly,” Smith said. “There’s definitely going to be other teams, but I think the Kings, because of where they’re at on their age curve, should be pretty good.”
Topics discussed include:
- Whether or not LeBron James retires
- Are the Celtics the better team or did Miami have a bad game Tuesday night?
- The Celtics feel comfortable with both Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown
- Can either the Heat or Celtics actually beat the Denver Nuggets in the NBA Finals?
- With the success of Nikola Jokić and locally with Domantas Sabonis, are fans seeing a change in how point guards are used?
Click here to watch and listen to the full interview with Keith Smith.
Listen to Cattles & Ramie from 2 – 6 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday, right here on Sactown Sports 1140. Subscribe to their podcast here. Thank you for reading SactownSports.com. Follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.