ADVERTISEMENT

SACRAMENTO KINGS

Report: Kings made “concerete” trade offer for RFA Jonathan Kuminga

According to Shams Charania, the Sacramento Kings are one of two teams that made a "concrete" trade offer for RFA Jonathan Kuminga.

Watch: 49ers breakdown halfway through pre-season | Hard Rock Sports Round Table | 33 mins

The Sacramento Kings continue to be linked to Golden State Warriors restricted free agent Jonathan Kuminga.

According to ESPN’s Shams Charania, Scott Perry’s Kings are one of two teams to have presented “concrete” trade offers for the 22-year-old wing/forward.

Shams, who spent Wednesday morning with Kuminga in Miami, said the restricted free agent is “in absolutely no rush to doing a deal with the Warriors right now and he’s not accepting their current offers.”

ADVERTISEMENT

“I’m told the Phoenix Suns and the Sacramento Kings are two teams that have made concrete offers with the Warriors over the last week or so,” Charania said. “They’re two of the more aggressive teams with Kuminga. They’re also offering him an opportunity for significant minutes, a starting caliber role in their lineup, and those are two things that he wants more than anything.”

Shams also reported that Golden State is not interested in the current offers.

It’s believed that Sacramento’s offer may center around Devin Carter, Dario Saric, and draft compensation. Whether that’s second-rounders, or a first-rounder (with or without protection) could be where the organzation’s differences lie.

ADVERTISEMENT

With months to go until the start of the 2025-26 regular season, conversations are likely to continue surrounding Kuminga’s future with the Warriors or potential sign-and-trade options, including him heading to California’s capital.

More Sacramento Kings coverage on Sactown Sports

“All the NBA guys that called me on him, I was like, ‘This is kind of a no-brainer. He’s a 7’1 athlete that’s skilled, and he’s Stanford smart. Bet on this guy.”

Stanford men’s basketball head coach Kyle Smith gushed about Sacramento Kings’ recent second-round pick, Maxime Raynaud.

“He’s just going to add,” Smith told Sactown Sports. “He’s a total add to your culture, to your team. On the court, off the court. (He’s) pretty unique.”

A 7’1 player with skill to shoot and dribble the ball effectively is intriguing on its own. Factor in his reportedly impressive work ethic, discipline, and intelligence, and you’ll see why Coach Smith told NBA teams he’s a worthy bet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Read More:

‘Bet on This Guy’: Coach Kyle Smith on the Mind and Game of Maxime Raynaud

Upcoming offseason schedule for the Sacramento Kings:

  • August TBD – Release of 2025-26 regular season schedule
  • September TBD – Start of NBA training camps for the 2025-26 season
  • Wednesday, October 8th – Friday, October 17th – Saramento’s 2025-26 Preseason

Thank you for reading sactownsports.com. Follow us on Twitter and Google News, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

Brenden Nunes Sactown Sports writer

Comments

0 Comments