FOOTBALL

New Professional Football League, Major League Football, Coming To Sacramento

Aug 5, 2022, 9:44 AM
Aerial view of Heart Health Park, the future home of Sacramento's Major League Football team....
SACRAMENTO, CA - MAY 25: Heart Health Park before the US Open Cup match between Sacramento Republic and San Jose Earthquakes (Photo by Maciek Gudrymowicz/ISI Photos/Getty Images)
(Photo by Maciek Gudrymowicz/ISI Photos/Getty Images)

Hey Sacramento, are you ready for some football?

Major League Football [MLF] announced Sacramento as one of its host cities for its inaugural season. The new professional football league is expected to kick off this fall with 18 total franchises throughout the US. Additional locations include: New York, Connecticut, Rochester, West Virginia, North Carolina, Kentucky, Alabama, South Carolina, Arkansas, Oakland, Utah, Iowa, the Dakotas, Oklahoma, Dallas, Houston and El Paso.

Commissioner Adam McLean said his goal is to bring football to markets that don’t currently have a professional team.

“With only 1.6% of college football players making it to the pros, that leaves 98.4% of college ball players who don’t. That doesn’t even scratch the surface of those athletes who want to play professional football. I am more than confident that we will find the very best ball players to represent Major League Football,” McLean said in the release.

Additional details, including players, coaches and scheduling, have not yet been released. The Sacramento team will play at Heart Health Park at Cal Expo.

Football

SANTA CLARA, CA - AUGUST 1: Trey Lance #5 of the San Francisco 49ers during training camp at the SA...
Amiliano Fragoso

49ers Weekend Training Camp Recap: Arm Fatigue Confirmed For Trey Lance

The San Francisco 49ers are heading into their final week of preparation before their first preseason game against the Green Bay Packers Friday. With the team off Monday, now is a good time to recap the weekend out in Santa Clara as the Red & Gold finish up training camp and head into regular practice. There […]
18 hours ago
Follow @AmilianoFragoso...
Amiliano Fragoso

Jaguars Writer Demetrius Harvey Joins “Cattles & Ramie” To Discuss Loss To Raiders

At the Hall of Fame game in Canton, Ohio, the Raiders defeated the Jaguars 27-11 to kick off the 2022 NFL season. Well not really, but it was the first game played in the new calendar year so that’s something. Regardless, Jaguars beat writer Demetrius Harvey joined Cattles & Ramie Friday to discuss the Jags’ loss to the Las […]
18 hours ago
Josh Jacobs #28 of the Las Vegas Raiders against the Cincinnati Bengals during the AFC Wild Card Pl...
Joseph Jarosz

Raiders Coach Josh McDaniels Says Team Has “No Desire” To Trade Josh Jacobs

The Las Vegas Raiders turned some heads last week after running back Josh Jacobs started the game and played multiple snaps. While some starters played in Thursday’s Hall of Fame game against the Jaguars, quarterback Derek Carr and star receiver Davante Adams sat out, which led to questions about why Jacobs played. He finished with […]
18 hours ago
Nick Mullens of the Las Vegas Raiders throws a pass against Jamir Jones #40 and Raequan Williams #9...
Joseph Jarosz

SB Nation Writer Discusses Raiders’ Fun Thursday Night Win On Cattles & Ramie

Bill Williamson, NFL writer who covers the Las Vegas Raiders for SB Nation, joined Cattles & Ramie on Friday to discuss the Las Vegas Raiders' big win against the Jacksonville Jaguars and look ahead to the 2022 season.
4 days ago
Jimmy Garoppolo #10 of the San Francisco 49ers looks to pass during the first half of a game agains...
AMILIANO FRAGOSO

Kyle Shanahan Says No Awkwardness Between Garoppolo, 49ers Organization

While 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo finds a suitable trade partner, he continues to train on the sidelines of the 49ers training camp. Friday started out with head coach Kyle Shanahan giving an update on the team’s former starting QB Jimmy Garoppolo, and his progression through rehab from shoulder surgery in March. “We made it the […]
4 days ago
Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images...
Amiliano Fragoso

Composed Trey Lance & Unstoppable Brandon Aiyuk: 3 Takeaways From Day 8 of 49ers Training Camp

San Francisco 49ers training camp is back for the second week as the Red & Gold hit the practice field Friday morning. The Bay Area team practiced in front of another packed crowd of faithful, sporting pads once again as the team ramps up for an intense weekend of practice. The standout of the day goes […]
4 days ago
New Professional Football League, Major League Football, Coming To Sacramento