NFL Network hosts says 49ers are ‘not going away’
Sep 23, 2023, 9:57 AM | Updated: 10:01 am
(Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)
The NFL Network’s Adam Rank joined Whitey Gleason and FP Santangelo Jr. on Sactown Sports Friday to discuss the San Francisco 49ers’ hot start, his previous 3-13 record prediction turned meme, Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch as a duo, and more.
Adam, Whitey, and FP first spoke about quarterback Brock Purdy. Using Tom Brady’s first few seasons behind Drew Bledsoe and the great defense his teams had as an example, Rank clarified Purdy is not the same player as Brady, but compared their environments when they first got into the NFL.
“I think this is just what happens when players with some talent, who fall through the system somehow, go to the right organization that can really groom them as a quarterback,” Adam Rank said.
Prior to the 2018-19 season, Adam infamously predicted that the 49ers would finish the season 3-13. San Francisco finished with a 13-3 record and lost in the Super Bowl. Adam Rank shared a funny encounter that he had with George Kittle regarding that moment.
Other topics discussed include
- Reactions to Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch getting extensions: “This is a great tandem, and they work together really well,” Rank said. “The one thing that I believe is just a testament to the organization is the depth of roster building.”
- Adam ranks the three best organizations in the NFL between San Francisco, Philadelphia, and Kansas City
- Why the 49ers are going to have sustained success
- Is it tougher being a Chicago Bears or Los Angeles Angels fan?
- The most impressive aspects of what Brock Purdy has shown
Upcoming San Francisco 49ers Schedule
- Sunday, October 1st vs. Arizona Cardinals – 1:25 PM PST
- Sunday, October 8th vs. Dallas Cowboys – 5:20 PM PST
- Sunday, October 15th @ Cleveland Browns – 10:00 AM PST
- M0nday, October 23rd – @ Minnesota Vikings – 5:15 PM PST