Barrows compares Brock Purdy to ‘peak Jimmy Garoppolo’
Sep 12, 2023, 8:28 AM | Updated: 8:52 am
(Photo by Justin K. Aller/Getty Images)
One week, one win.
The Athletic’s Matt Barrows joined The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross on Tuesday morning to recap the San Francisco 49ers’ season-opening win over the Pittsburgh Steelers, break down Brock Purdy’s return following his elbow injury, discuss Christian McCaffrey’s impact, and much more.
Plus: Barrows and the guys look ahead to Sunday’s inner-division matchup against the Los Angeles Rams.
Topics Discussed Include
- What surprised Matt the most about Sunday’s blowout win in Pittsburgh?
- San Francisco’s kicking game is getting “back on track”
- Did you expect the 49ers to look so polished in Week 1?
- Highlighting the impact that San Francisco’s defense had on the win
- If Christian McCaffrey remains healthy, what kind of year can he have for the 49ers?
- “I’d imagine that there are many games where he is used as a receiver.” – Barrows on CMC
- Following the news of Aaron Rodgers’ season-ending injury, will there be a broader discussion around the NFL regarding using artificial turf in stadiums around the league?
- “This is football. You’re going to have to deal with a divot or two every once in a while.”
- Looking ahead to this weekend’s 49ers vs. Los Angeles Rams matchup
- What is San Francisco planning to do with their recently created salary cap space?
- Breaking down Brock Purdy’s season debut
Listen to The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross from 6 – 10 a.m. PST, Monday through Friday, on Sactown Sports 1140.
Upcoming San Francisco 49ers Schedule
- Sunday, September 17th @ Los Angeles Rams – 1:05 PM PST
- Thursday, September 21st vs. New York Giants – 5:15 PM PST
- Sunday, October 1st vs. Arizona Cardinals – 1:25 PM PST
- Sunday, October 8th vs. Dallas Cowboys – 5:20 PM PST
- Sunday, October 15th @ Cleveland Browns – 10:00 AM PST