Report: Draymond Green has been suspended for five games
Nov 15, 2023, 5:27 PM
(Photo by Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images)
After an altercation with the Minnesota Timberwolves on Tuesday night, the NBA suspended Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green for five games, per ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
Before a single point was tallied for either side, Klay Thompson and Jaden McDaniels got tangled up while jogging across halfcourt. From there, Rudy Gobert ran in to defend his teammate, with Draymond Green following. Green quickly pulled Gobert away and into what appeared to be a headlock.
— Bally Sports North (@BallySportsNOR) November 15, 2023
Draymond Green was ejected from the game along with Jaden McDaniels and Klay Thompson. Gobert was not assessed even a technical foul upon official review Tuesday night. Minnesota came out victorious during their in-season showdown with the Warriors and dropped Golden State to four consecutive losses.
With Stephen Curry currently sidelined, Andrew Wiggins struggling to produce efficiently, and now a suspension for Green, the Warriors find themselves in tough, yet somewhat familiar water.
Green is a repeat offender with NBA suspensions, but there is no word of whether or not that factored into the league’s decision. In a tight western conference, losing Green could significantly impact the Golden State Warriors and leave head coach Steve Kerr with tough decisions ahead.
Should he lean more into the young talents of Brandon Podziemski, Moses Moody, or even Jonathan Kuminga and Trayce Jackson-Daivs in Green’s absence?
- Thursday, November 16th – Golden State Warriors vs. Oklahoma City Thunder – 7:00 PM PST
- Saturday, November 18th – Golden State Warriors vs. Oklahoma City Thunder – 5:30 PM PST
- Monday, November 20th – Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets – 7:00 PM PST
- Wednesday, November 22nd – Golden State Warriors @ Phoenix Suns – 7:00 PM PST
- Friday, November 24th – Golden State Warriors vs. San Antonio Spurs – 7:00 PM PST
** NBA In-Season Tournament Group Play