Sac Bee reporter on if the Golden 1 Center can house a hockey team
May 24, 2023, 7:30 AM
(Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)
Randy Diamond, a business reporter for The Sacramento Bee, joined Cattles and Ramie Tuesday to talk about his recent article following Sacramento Kings’ owner Vivek Ranadivé and his bids to purchase the Ottawa Senators. While Ranadivé recently pulled out of the bidding process for the Senators, that hasn’t stopped Sacramentans from asking if the Golden 1 Center can house another professional sports franchise.
Topics discussed include:
- Ranadivé pulled out of the last round of bidding for the Ottawa Senators and “we don’t know why he didn’t go with the final round.”
- Is it too early to connect the Kings’ owner to the Arizona Coyotes?
- Houston, Kansas City, and Salt Lake City have been mentioned as potential locations if and when the NHL adds expansion teams. How does Sacramento compare to those markets?
- If the Golden 1 Center can be retrofitted to house a hockey team
- What, if either, is more likely to come to Sacramento, an NHL or MLS franchise?
Listen to Cattles & Ramie from 2 – 6 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday, right here on Sactown Sports 1140. Subscribe to their podcast here. Thank you for reading SactownSports.com. Follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.