ESPN’s Marc Spears says the Sacramento Kings bench lacks veterans
Feb 3, 2023, 3:03 PM
(Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)
ESPN’s Marc Spears joined the Deuce and Mo Show Friday to discuss the NBA’s All-Star game selections, the Kyrie Irving news, and what the Sacramento Kings should do as the trade deadline approaches.
Topics discussed include:
- How he almost played basketball for Sac State
- Did the Kyrie Irving trade demand news come out of nowhere?
- “It basically tells me the contract extension that the Nets offered him was something that he didn’t like. I’m sure there were a lot of stipulations in there in terms of games played, expectations of what they need from him on a daily basis that I’m sure he felt put him in a box that he didn’t appreciate.”
- Which teams could be interested in trading for Irving before Thursday’s deadline?
- “As one GM told me, ‘I really like him as a player, but there’s just too much baggage that comes with it’.”
- Why he was surprised De’Aaron Fox didn’t make the All-Star team?
- “I wish we could see the stats cause was Fox like the last guy?”
- Do the Sacramento Kings need to make a move at the trade deadline?
- “The Kings are in a position now where in the buyout market, they could get somebody. You don’t need to do anything major, you just need to add to it…I think if the Kings are lacking anything, it’s some more vets on the bench.”
Click here to watch and listen to the full interview with Marc Spears.
Listen to Deuce & Mo from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday right here on Sactown Sports 1140.
Click here for full episodes of Deuce & Mo Show.