San Francisco Giants Ship Casali, Boyd, Rosenthal In Trade Deadline Moves
Aug 2, 2022, 2:34 PM | Updated: 3:46 pm
(Photo by Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images)
The San Francisco Giants were busy at the trade deadline, but not in a way fans probably hoped.
According to reports, the Giants have sent catcher Curt Casali and pitcher Matthew Boyd to the Seattle Mariners. It is not yet known who the Giants received in return. The Mariners sent back pitcher Michael Stryffeler and catcher Andy Thomas.
The Giants shipped pitcher Trevor Rosenthal to the Milwaukee Brewers in another separate deal, according to MLB Network Insider Mark Feinsand, and later confirmed by the team. The Giants received outfielder Tristan Peters in the deal.
Joc Pederson and Carlos Rodón, two players who were routinely mentioned in trade rumors, remain with the Giants.
The biggest news to come out of baseball before the trade deadline though was Juan Soto and the Washington Nationals parting ways. The San Diego Padres traded multiple players for Soto and first baseman Josh Bell. Additional moves that were made Tuesday before MLB’s trade deadline include:
- San Francisco Giants Trade Darin Ruf To New York Mets, Reports Say
- Giants Add Dixon Machado, Ford Proctor Ahead Of Trade Deadline
- Eric Hosmer going to Boston instead of Washington D.C.
- Yankees sending Joey Gallo to the Dodgers
- Cubs sending veteran reliever David Robertson to the Phillies.