Spotrac’s Keith Smith Says Kings Could Be Much Better This Season, But A Postseason Appearance Is Still Unknown
NBA salary cap wizard Keith Smith, a contributor to Spotrac and Celtics Blog, joined Cattles & Ramie on Thursday to discuss the Sacramento Kings’ offseason and the latest Kevin Durant rumors. Smith likes the moves the team made in the offseason but wasn’t sure if it was enough to crack the playoffs in a deep Western Conference.
“My worry for the Kings is are they going to get good enough to catch some of the teams they’re going to need to catch,” Smith said. “I think if things go right, they’ll be in that mix.”
Other topics discussed include:
- Is there still a chance Kevin Durant is traded? If so, where does he land?
- How the Rudy Gobert trade between the Jazz and Timberwolves impacted the NBA trade market in the long run.
- Thoughts on the Sacramento Kings hiring Mike Brown
- The Keegan Murray draft pick was a “home run” by the Kings
- How Malik Monk and Kevin Huerter fit with De’Aaron Fox and Domantas Sabonis
- The Kings could be much better this season, but there are a lot of good teams in the West
Listen to Cattles & Ramie from 3 – 6 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday right here on Sactown Sports 1140.