The Athletic’s Matt Barrows Discusses Positives Of 49ers Week 1 Loss
The injury bug has bitten the San Francisco 49ers early in the 2022 season.
Tight end George Kittle missed week 1 because of a groin injury and running back Elijah Mitchell suffered an MCL sprain in Sunday’s loss to the Chicago Bears.
Matt Barrows, a senior writer for The Athletic covering the 49ers, joined the Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross Tuesday to talk about what positives can be taken away from the season-opening loss to the Bears. Those who subscribe to The Athletic can also expect to see Barrows dive into the 49ers running back depth and answer reader questions.
Topics discussed include:
- Is Trey Lance OK after Week 1?
- Twitter was too hard on Lance and what everyone saw isn’t as bad as it looked.
- In better weather, and once Lance settles into his role, the playbook diversity will open immensely.
- Which running back steps up with Elijah Mitchell hurt? Or is the 49ers running game in trouble?
- Ticky-tacky penalties hurt the 49ers against the Bears.
- Should fans panic if the 49ers drop their home-opener to the Seattle Seahawks?
Listen to The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross from 6 – 9 a.m. PST, Monday through Friday right here on Sactown Sports 1140.
Click here for full episodes of The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross.