Will the 49ers make moves during the NFL trade deadline?
Oct 30, 2023, 8:39 AM | Updated: 8:40 am
(Photo by Michael Reaves/Getty Images)
October 31st could be a spooky day around the NFL as several players will be informed that they have been traded prior to the NFL’s 1:00 PM PST trade deadline.
Will the struggling San Francisco 49ers look to make some moves ahead of Tuesday’s deadline?
The Athletic’s Matt Barrows joined The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross on Monday to recap the 49ers’ third-straight loss, contemplate what trades the team can make to address some glaring issues, and much more!
49ers Topics Discussed Include
- How much did the absence of Deebo Samuel and Trent Williams impact Sunday’s loss to Cincinnati?
- Barrows doesn’t think Samuel and Williams would have impacted the loss: “Both of those guys don’t play defense.”
- What has been the biggest issue with the offense during this three-game losing streak?
- Turnovers have plagued the 49ers
- Barrows on the defensive line: “I don’t think the defensive line has been as good as advertised during this three-game skid.”
- Should the 49ers make a move at the trade deadline?
- Matt thinks San Francisco could look to acquire a defensive end or cornerback
- “I do believe that they are looking… The defensive end position, that’s where I think you can get a player that would have a real impact on the end of the season.”
- How will the 49ers spend the bulk of their time during the upcoming bye week before preparing for Jacksonville?
- Barrows says San Francisco will utilize the bye by resting up and getting guys right for the Jaguars
Listen to The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross from 6 – 10 a.m. PST, Monday through Friday, on Sactown Sports 1140.
More on the NFL Trade Deadline
The NFL trade deadline is the mid-season cutoff for any trades between teams.
The 2023 NFL trade deadline is at 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday, Oct. 31, entering Week 9.
In 2022, a total of 13 players were among 11 trades made on deadline day, which was more than twice as many as any other year since 2010, according to NFL Research.
Trades made on the week of the deadline have also seen a steady increase in recent years, with 2022 being the sixth straight season in which at least seven players were dealt on the week of the deadline, per NFL Research.
Upcoming San Francisco 49ers Schedule
- BYE WEEK
- Sunday, November 12th – @ Jacksonville Jaguars – 10:00 AM PST
- Sunday, November 19th – vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – 1:05 PM PST
- Thursday, November 23rd – @ Seattle Seahawks – 5:20 PM PST
- Sunday, December 3rd – @ Philadelphia Eagles – 1:25 PM PST
- Sunday, December 10th – vs. Seattle Seahawks – 5:20 PM PST