Will the San Francisco 49ers be shorthanded next week in Minnesota?
Oct 16, 2023, 8:28 AM
(Photo by Jason Miller/Getty Images)
After winning 15-straight games dating back to last season, the San Francisco 49ers suffered a heartbreaking loss on Sunday afternoon in Cleveland.
The Athletic’s Matt Barrows joined The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross on Monday morning to recap the 49ers’ narrow defeat to a shorthanded Browns team, delivered updates on some key injured players, and attempted to pull some silver linings from a disappointing weekend.
Topics Discussed Include
- Dave compares the first 49ers loss of the season to an episode of Silver Spoons
- What is the level of concern regarding Christian McCaffrey, Deebo Samuel, and Trent Williams’ injuries?
- Matt says that although he returned to action on Sunday, Williams could still be in jeopardy of missing Monday’s game in Minnesota
- McCaffrey’s oblique/rib injury could be out of action for some time
- Barrows says all three guys are “very iffy” to play against the Vikings on the turf surface of US Bank Stadium.
- Did the wet weather have an impact on Sunday’s loss?
- “[Brock Purdy] was not his usual on-target self.”
- 25 penalties were called on Sunday in Cleveland. What was the leading cause behind those calls?
- Thoughts on rookie kicker Jake Moody’s game-sealing miss from 41-yards
- “You expect him to make that… These are the things that you have to suffer through when you have a rookie kicker.”
Listen to The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross from 6 – 10 a.m. PST, Monday through Friday, on Sactown Sports 1140.
Upcoming San Francisco 49ers Schedule
- Monday, October 23rd – @ Minnesota Vikings – 5:15 PM PST
- Sunday, October 29th – vs. Cincinnati Bengals – 1:25 PM PST
- BYE WEEK
- Sunday, November 12th – @ Jacksonville Jaguars – 10:00 AM PST
- Sunday, November 19th – vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – 1:05 PM PST
- Thursday, November 23rd – @ Seattle Seahawks – 5:20 PM PST