Brandon Crawford added to SF Giants IL with knee inflammation
Jul 19, 2023, 2:53 PM
(Photo by Joe Sargent/Getty Images)
Brandon Crawford will again miss some time with the San Francisco Giants because of issues with his knee.
Crawford has been placed on the team’s 10-day injured list for “left knee inflammation.” The move is retroactive to Tuesday, July 17. Crawford was last seen in Sunday’s win over the Pittsburgh Pirates. Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle tweeted that the 36-year-old shortstop said he’s dealing with the same knee issues he dealt with during spring training.
During spring training, the team said these are the same knee issues that Brandon Crawford dealt with during the 2022 season, limiting him to 118 games.
In 64 games this season, Crawford has hit .207 with just five home runs and 26 RBIs.
#SFGiants roster moves:
• IF Brandon Crawford placed on the 10-day Injured List (retroactive to July 17) with left knee inflammation
• IF David Villar recalled from Triple-A Sacramento
• OF Bryce Johnson (27th man) returned to Triple-A Sacramento
— SFGiants (@SFGiants) July 19, 2023
This is the second time this season Crawford has been added to the injured list. Earlier this season, he spent time on the IL with “right calf tightness.”
The Giants have called up infielder David Villar from the Sacramento River Cats.
Upcoming schedule for the San Francisco Giants
- Friday, July 21st-Sunday, July 23rd – @ Washington Nationals
- Monday, July 24th – @ Detroit Tigers
- Tuesday, July 25th-Wednesday, July 26th – vs. Oakland Athletics
- Friday, July 28th -Sunday, July 30th – vs. Boston Red Sox