Former MLB Pitcher Discusses Trade Deadline Deals With Cattles & Ramie
All but one MLB team made a trade before Tuesday’s deadline.
The Colorado Rockies were the only major league team not to make a deal Tuesday. That means there were plenty of other trades, and non-trades, to discuss once the deadline passed.
Rob Dibble, former MLB pitcher and current host of The Rob Dibble Show on 97.9 ESPN, joined Cattles and Ramie Tuesday to recap the flurry of deals made before the MLB trade deadline.
The biggest news to come out of baseball before the trade deadline was Juan Soto and the Washington Nationals parting ways. The San Diego Padres traded multiple players for Soto and first baseman Josh Bell. The Giants made multiple moves Tuesday, including trading Darin Ruf. The A’s made their moves on Monday, shipping pitchers Frankie Montas and Lou Trivino to the New York Yankees.
Topics discussed include:
- Juan Soto and Josh Bell head to San Diego. Did the Washington Nationals make a huge mistake?
- The San Diego Padres have set themselves up for a deep postseason run.
- Which teams can realistically compete with the San Diego Padres lineup?
- A lot of teams made moves Tuesday. Which were the most impactful?
- The Braves are flying under the radar
Listen to Cattles & Ramie from 3 – 6 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday right here on Sactown Sports 1140.
For full episodes of The Cattles & Ramie Show, click here.