Jim Crandell doesn’t buy the disappointment around the Kings offseason
Jul 25, 2023, 8:38 AM
(Photo by Lachlan Cunningham/Getty Images)
Former FOX40 sports director Jim Crandell joined Sactown Sports Monday to talk about the Sacramento Kings and their offseason, the current slide of the San Francisco Giants and everything sports in Northern California.
Since being bounced by the Golden State Warriors in the playoffs, the Kings have decided to run it back. The team has re-signed Trey Lyles, Alex Len and Harrison Barnes. They’ve also extended center Domantas Sabonis and brought over EuroLeague MVP Sasha Vezenkov. The only players new to the Sacramento Kings roster this offseason that weren’t previously associated with the team are Nerlens Noel and Chris Duarte.
“Everything [Kings GM Monte] McNair and Mike Brown did last summer was automatically right, the way things turned out,” Crandell said, adding praise to Vezenkov and Keegan Murray. “I think the Kings will be just fine. I know a lot of people are disappointed they didn’t make the big splash. And I see all these national writers with pieces saying everybody else in that division got better and the Kings stood pat, but I’m not sure I buy that.”
Additional topics discussed include:
- Is the San Francisco 49ers’ starting quarterback job is Brock Purdy’s to lose?
- Has Sam Darnold done enough to warrant the offseason hype?
- Why the state of the running backs is by their own doing
- What’s the ceiling of Keegan Murray?
- What do the San Francisco Giants need before the MLB trade deadline?
- How much will the Green Bay Packers miss Aaron Rodgers this season?