NBA draft analyst says there could be flurry of moves this year
Jun 17, 2023, 8:00 AM | Updated: Jun 20, 2023, 10:34 am
(Photo by Maddie Meyer/Getty Images)
Krysten Peek, an NBA draft analyst for Yahoo Sports, joined Sactown Sports Friday to talk about the latest news and rumors swirling around the NBA, which players are standing out, who could fall to the Sacramento Kings and more.
With rumors already popping up about big-name players like Bradley Beal and Damian Lillard being on the trading block, Peek said she wouldn’t be surprised if there is a flurry of moves in the days leading up to and on draft night.
“We saw a lot of teams try to position themselves favorably in this draft because of what is projected the next couple of years,” Peek said. “Now, granted there will be players, and there will be great players but in terms of the surefire, generational type-talent, multiple All-Stars in this draft class, people want to try to maximize that. And so, that’s what I’m saying when we’re going to see multiple teams try to get in.”
Additional topics discussed include:
- If teams should hold onto their second-round picks this year
- We know who the first overall pick will be, but who will the Charlotte Hornets and Portland Trail Blazers pick?
- If Olivier-Maxence Prosper could be around at 24 for the Sacramento Kings to pick
- At what number does the talent drop off in the NBA Draft?
- Is the new CBA already impact the draft?
- If Emoni Bates is worth a flyer in the first round