Kings’ Kevin Huerter says last year’s playoff loss is ‘fuel for this year’s motivation’
Oct 3, 2023, 3:30 PM
Sacramento Kings guard Kevin Huerter knew what he had to work on over the summer.
In the seven-game playoff series between the Kings and Golden State Warriors, Huerter saw a dip in points, assists, and rebounds. At media Monday, he talked about how he spent his summer improving his overall game.
“Really just across the board, just trying to become more efficient and better at what I already do,” Huerter said.
And despite last year’s success — breaking a playoff drought, ending the season as a three-seed in the Western Conference, and multiple team and player accolades — he said the result felt like a disappointment “in the room.”
“That’s fuel for this year’s motivation,” Huerter said.
Watch all Media Day interviews with Sacramento Kings players on the Sactown Sports 1140 YouTube page here.
How did Kevin Huerter perform during the 2022-23 season?
As a starter for 75 of the team’s 82 games, Huerter grabbed 3.3 rebounds, dished out nearly 3 assists and averaged just over 15 points a game. He also represented the Kings during All-Star weekend in the NBA’s three-point contest.
READ MORE FROM SACTOWN SPORTS:
- Alex Len says the Sacramento Kings have “unfinished business”
- Harrison Barnes says he feels ‘honored’ to be back with the Kings
- Sacramento Kings Media Day Notes: Vezenkov, Defense & More
Sacramento Kings 2023-24 Preseason Schedule
- Sunday, October 8th – Sacramento Kings @ Toronto Raptors – 5 PM PST (Preseason Opener)
- Wednesday, October 11th – Sacramento Kings @ Los Angeles Lakers – 7 PM PST (in Anaheim, CA)
- Sunday, October 15th – Sacramento Kings vs. Golden State Warriors – 7 PM PST
- Wednesday, October 18th – Sacramento Kings @ Golden State Warriors – 7 PM PST
- Thursday, October 19th – Sacramento Kings vs. Utah Jazz – 7 PM PST