UC Davis football head coach Dan Hawkins on the Aggies’ 2-2 start
Sep 27, 2023, 7:47 AM
(Photo by Brian Murphy/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images)
During Wednesday morning’s edition of The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross, UC Davis football head coach Dan Hawkins joined the show to look back at the Aggies’ loss to recap Saturday’s heartbreaking 27-24 loss to Eastern Washington, share injury updates on some key players, and much more.
Plus: How does a college football coach train his team to avoid turnovers?
Topics Discussed Include:
- Coach Hawkins breaks down the Aggies’ 27-24 loss to Eastern Washington
- “It’s tough when you’re giving up points, and your defense isn’t on the field.” – Hawkins on the pick-six that the Aggies allowed on Saturday
- Do turnovers become a point of emphasis following a narrow defeat like UC Davis’ recent loss to EW?
- “We just can’t turn it over. That’s the bottom line.”
- How do you coach training to prevent turnovers in football?
- Will running back Lan Larison miss time due to injury?
Be sure to listen in to Sactown Sports 1140 on Saturday, September 30th, for UC Davis football’s matchup against the Cal Poly Mustangs, with pregame coverage set to begin at 4:30 PM PST before a 5:00 PM PST kick-off from Mustang Memorial Field.
About UC Davis football head coach Dan Hawkins
He has taken his family on vacation to Machu Picchu in Peru. Most recently put on a football clinic in Quito, Ecuador. He taught science, jumped out of airplanes, and coached football in 20 different countries.
For Dan Hawkins, who was introduced as football’s new head coach on November 28, 2016, those aren’t simply items to cross off a bucket list, they have been opportunities to learn. It’s that thirst for learning, and application of that knowledge, that brought Hawkins, a 1984 UC Davis alumnus who played and coached with legendary head coach Jim Sochor, back to his alma mater.
Hawkins, who also served as a college football studio analyst at ESPN in recent seasons, brings a unique depth of experience and innovative offensive approach back to his alma mater. During his career, Hawkins built Boise State to elite status on the college football landscape and coached in the Big XII at the University of Colorado.
Listen to The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross from 6 – 10 a.m. PST, Monday through Friday, on Sactown Sports 1140.