Former guard Beno Udrih says Sacramento Kings are back ‘on track’
Jul 11, 2023, 5:00 PM
(Photo by Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images)
Former Sacramento Kings guard and current Atlanta Hawks scout Beno Udrih joined Sactown Sports Tuesday to talk about the biggest adjustments he faced in the NBA as a foreign-born player, what he looks for when watching summer league games and how the Kings are on the right path, thanks in part to coach Mike Brown.
Udrih was a member of the Sacramento Kings from 2007-2011, the start of the organization’s playoff drought. That lasted for 16 seasons and was finally broken this past spring. When asked if last year was a fluke, Udrih believes the Kings are a team to be reckoned with for years to come.
“Hiring Mike Brown was a really, really good thing for them. I played against Mike Brown and I heard things about him, and he’s like on point, there’s no double standards,” Udrih said. “He did a really good job of putting the Kings back on track and I think we’re going to be watching Kings in the playoffs for quite a while.”
Additional topics discussed include:
- What he’s looking for during NBA’s Summer League from a scouting perspective
- His experience as a foreign-born player and what rookie sensation Victor Wembanyama can expect to experience
- What were the biggest adjustments when he came to America to play professional basketball
- How important is it for foreign-born players to land in the right organization
- If 2022-23 was one good season or is the organization on the right track?
- Who does he enjoy watching in the league right now