Former NFL QB Sean Salisbury on playing Thanksgiving games
Nov 21, 2023, 10:08 AM
(Photo by Nic Antaya/Getty Images)
Former NFL quarterback Sean Salisbury joined “The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross” Tuesday to talk about the results of Monday Night Football and playing football on Thanksgiving.
This year, the San Francisco 49ers travel to Seattle to take on the Seahawks as the final Thursday game. Salisbury only played in one Thanksgiving game, his rookie year.
“When I was playing, we had Monday Night Football and Sunday Night Football, was in play at times. Thursday was the special day. You were playing in that Thursday game, it was special, you knew your peers were watching, and you go back home and get the dinner after. So it made the delay of Christmas day or Thanksgiving day, if you’re playing on these holidays, it made it really cool cause you knew everyone was sitting around eating and all eyes were on you,” Salisbury said.
Additional topics discussed include:
- Thoughts on the Monday night game between the Chiefs and Eagles
- If he ever lost faith as a quarterback in his wide receivers
- What kind of tweaks and adjustments do the Pittsburgh Steelers make following the firing of offensive coordinator Matt Canada?
- Thanksgiving traditions in the Salisbury household
- Playing football on Thanksgiving and Christmas
Listen to The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross from 6 – 10 a.m. PST, Monday through Friday, on Sactown Sports 1140. Subscribe to their podcast here. Follow us on Twitter and be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.