Greg Papa on Brock Purdy: ‘He’s unflappable.’
Nov 17, 2023, 9:29 AM
(Photo by Megan Briggs/Getty Images)
After snapping a three-game losing skid last weekend, the San Francisco 49ers will be back in action this Sunday on their home turf.
During Friday’s edition of The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross, the guys were joined by Greg Papa, the radio voice of the 49ers, to preview this Sunday’s action between San Francisco and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Plus: Brock Purdy has logged an entire season’s worth of starts (17). How has ‘Mr. Irrelevant’ looked during the first year of his NFL career?
49ers Topics Discussed Include
- Was Sunday’s blowout win over Jacksonville a peek at what this 49ers’ team ceiling can look like?
- “That’s winning football.”
- Greg thinks San Francisco’s best win this season was the win over Dallas.
- How dominant was the 49ers defense in Jacksonville?
- Papa discusses Chase Young’s impact on the defense
- Is scoring 30 points each game a solid target for San Francisco?
- “When they’re playing around their A, A+ game, they score about 30.”
- What went wrong during the recent three-game losing streak?
- Looking ahead to Sunday’s matchup against Tampa Bay
- Papa says that San Francisco needs to contain wide receiver Mike Evans
- Greg shares his thoughts on Brock Purdy’s start to his career as the QB has logged a full season’s worth of games (17)
- “It’s one of the greatest stories in the history of the NFL.”
- Discussing Purdy’s consistency
Be sure to listen in to Sactown Sports 1140 this Sunday, November 19th, for the San Francisco 49ers’ matchup against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, with pregame coverage set to begin at 12:00 PM PST before a 1:05 PM PST kick-off from Levi’s Stadium.
Listen to The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross from 6 – 10 a.m. PST, Monday through Friday, on Sactown Sports 1140.
More on Brock Purdy & the 49ers
Upcoming San Francisco 49ers Schedule
- Sunday, Nov. 19th vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – 1:05 p.m. PST
- Thursday, Nov. 23rd @ Seattle Seahawks – 5:20 p.m. PST
- Sunday, Dec. 3rd @ Philadelphia Eagles – 1:25 p.m. PST
- Sunday, Dec. 10th vs. Seattle Seahawks – 1:05 p.m. PST
- Sunday, Dec. 17th @ Arizona Cardinals – 1:05 p.m. PST