Jerry Reynolds on what Kings coaches are doing leading up to training camp
Sep 16, 2023, 7:20 AM
Legendary Sacramento Kings broadcaster and general manager Jerry Reynolds joined Whitey & Watkins Friday to talk about the NBA’s new player resting rules, how Steph and Chris Paul will co-exist in Golden State and more.
With less than three weeks until training camp opens, the former Kings coach shared what Mike Brown and his staff might be doing as the season gets closer.
“My guess is they’re trying to get the guys in early, getting them playing and get them together,” Reynolds said. “The new guys, obviously Sasha [Vezenkov], JaVale McGee, and Jordan Ford, getting them in and familiar with a veteran-happy team. It’s probably an easy, comfortable time for the coaches right now.”
Additional topics discussed include:
- Did the NBA need to do something about load management?
- Why load management wasn’t an issue when Jerry Reynolds was coaching in the NBA
- How do the Kings benefit from the league’s new rule on resting players?
- Will Steph Curry and Chris Paul be able to co-exist in Golden State?
- What are the best three-man combinations of current and former Kings players?
Listen to Whitey & Watkins from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday, on Sactown Sports 1140. Thank you for reading SactownSports.com. Follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.