Kayte Christensen on Harrison Barnes’ fit in the Kings lineup
Dec 6, 2023, 8:24 AM | Updated: 8:24 am
(Photo by Lachlan Cunningham/Getty Images)
The Sacramento Kings will not be heading to Las Vegas for the NBA In-Season Tournament semifinals following Monday’s loss against the New Orleans Pelicans.
NBC Sports California analyst Kayte Christensen joined The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross on Wednesday morning to share her thoughts on why the Kings have struggled against the Pelicans this season (0-3), discuss whether or not the In-Season Tournament has been a success for the NBA and much more.
Plus: Does Sacramento need more production out of Harrison Barnes, or is he doing the job that his role entails?
Topics Discussed Include
- Diving into the Kings’ In-Season Tournament loss to the Pelicans
- Has the In-Season Tournament been a success for the NBA thus far?
- Kayte says the atmosphere at IST games has been “crazy.”
- “I think it’s been a success.”
- Sacramento is 0-3 against New Orleans this season. Why can’t the Kings get over the hump vs. the Pels?
- “This is just not a great matchup for the Kings, and it comes down to the size, length, and athleticism.”
- What can Sacramento do to combat teams like the Pelicans that roster several dynamic forwards?
- Is Kayte concerned about Keegan Murray’s back injury?
- Do the Kings need to get more out of Harrison Barnes?
- Kayte says that Barnes’ role is much different from the position he was in when he was acquired in 2019.
- “There is not a play called for Harrison Barnes. He’s a fifth option. His role is to be a part of that system.”
- Looking ahead to Sacramento’s game on Friday against the Phoenix Suns
Listen to The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross from 6 – 10 a.m. PST, Monday through Friday, on Sactown Sports 1140.
When is the next Sacramento Kings Game?
The Kings will travel to Phoenix on Friday night where they will face Devin Booker and the Phoenix Suns for the first time this season.
Be sure to tune in right here on Sactown Sports 1140 for all of your Kings vs. Suns coverage, beginning at 4:30 PM PST on Game Night before a 6:00 PM PST tip-off from downtown Phoenix.
More Sacramento Kings & Harrison Barnes content
- Friday, December 8th – Sacramento Kings @ Phoenix Suns – 6:00 PM PST
- Monday, December 11th – Sacramento Kings vs. Brooklyn Nets – 7:00 PM PST
- Tuesday, December 12th – Sacramento Kings @ Los Angeles Clippers – 7:30 PM PST
- Thursday, December 14th – Sacramento Kings vs. Oklahoma City Thunder – 7:00 PM PST
- Saturday, December 16th – Sacramento Kings vs. Utah Jazz – 7:00 PM PST
** NBA In-Season Tournament Knockout Round