NBA expert says Sacramento Kings free agency will be ‘really interesting’
Jun 26, 2023, 4:09 PM
(Photo by Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images)
NBA salary cap wizard Keith Smith, a contributor to Spotrac and the YouTube show NBA Front Office, joined Cattles & Ramie on Monday to talk about the latest trades in the NBA, the Sacramento Kings’ salary cap flexibility and the latest free agency rumors.
Smith projects the Kings to have just over $35 million in cap space, but to do that, Sacramento has to renounce Harrison Barnes.
“What I’ve been saying to everybody is you don’t move Richaun Holmes just to move him without the idea of something you might be able to do by creating that kind of cap space,” Smith told Cattles & Ramie. “So that’s going to be really interesting to see what the Kings have planned here over the next several day.”
Additional topics discussed include:
- Thoughts on the deal that sent Atlanta Hawks forward/center John Collins to the Utah Jazz for veteran Rudy Gay and future second-round pick
- Are more teams going to make trades to get bad contracts off their books?
- What comes next with Damian Lillard and the Portland Trail Blazers?
- How a playoff team like the Sacramento Kings was able to separate itself from other teams with a lot of cap space
- Can Kyle Kuzma get over $30 million in his next contract?
- Does Draymond Green to the Kings even make sense?
- What does the Naz Reid contract mean for the big man market this free agency?
- How shaky is the situation in Philadelphia between the 76ers and Joel Embiid?