Kyle Draper believes the Kings will address starting needs in free agency
Jun 22, 2023, 1:15 PM
(Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)
Sacramento Kings TV play-by-play broadcaster and studio analyst Kyle Draper joined Sactown Sports ahead of Thursday night’s draft to talk about the Kings’ offseason, the latest trades happening around the NBA, draft predictions, and more.
When asked about what the Kings could do during the 2023 NBA Draft, Draper told Whitey and JayMarZZ the biggest draft needs for the Sacramento Kings are a backup big and a “three or a four-man” to play alongside Keegan Murray.
“It wouldn’t shock me, and we’ve seen it from [Kings’ general manager] Monte McNair, over the years, go for the best guy available on their board,” Draper said. “I don’t think they address a starting need or a big need with the pick tonight. I think they’re going to be active in free agency, that’s where you’ll see the most help with this team.”
Additional topics discussed include:
- Instant reaction on the trade that sends Chris Paul to the Golden State Warriors.
- Does Paul accept a bench role or do the Warriors start him alongside Steph Curry and Klay Thompson?
- If the Kings pull off a trade for either Pascal Siakam or OG Anunoby, how would either of them fit into Sacramento’s system?
- How much better will the Kings be next season with the continual development of Keegan Murray?
- “I think he has to do a better job of putting the ball on the floor. I think he has to do a better job of finishing around the rim. We know he can do the catch-and-shoot.”
- The Boston Celtics trading Marcus Smart, the “heart-and-sole” of the team
- If the hype is real for Victor Wembanyama
Listen to Chris & Co. with Kyle Madson from 10 – 2 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday, right here on Sactown Sports 1140. Subscribe to their podcast here. Thank you for reading SactownSports.com. Follow us on Twitter, and be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.