Report: John Lynch received new title as part of contract extension
Nov 3, 2023, 12:58 PM
(Photo by Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images)
Earlier this season, the San Francisco 49ers announced contract extensions for John Lynch and coach Kyle Shanahan.
Now news is coming out that Lynch’s extension included a new title.
According to Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area, John Lynch is now the president of football operations. He will also retain his title of general manager.
Lynch and Shanahan both joined the 49ers’ organization in February of 2017. When the extensions were announced this past September, it was reported that Lynch is signed through the 2024 season, while Kyle Shanahan will stay on through 2025.
The former Tampa Bay Buccaneers safety has been instrumental in adding top-tier talent to the roster, including the likes of All-Pros DL Nick Bosa, TE George Kittle, S Talanoa Hufanga, WR Deebo Samuel and LB Fred Warner to name a few. Lynch has also been active in free agency and the trade market, picking up RB Christian McCaffrey, DL Javon Hargrave, and DE Chase Young most recently.
Upcoming San Francisco 49ers Schedule
- Sunday, November 12th @ Jacksonville Jaguars – 10 a.m. PST
- Sunday, November 19th vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- 1:05 p.m. PST
- Thursday, November 23rd @ Seattle Seahawks – 5:20 p.m. PST
- Sunday, December 3rd @ Philadelphia Eagles – 1:25 p.m. PST
- Sunday, December 10th vs. Seattle Seahawks – 1:05 p.m. PST