Rich Herrera says Angels may never get ‘fair market value’ for Shohei Ohtani
Jul 22, 2023, 8:30 AM
(Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)
CBS Sports Radio host, Rich Herrera, joined Sactown Sports Friday afternoon to talk about Los Angeles Angels’ star Shohei Ohtani and where he could end up next season. They also discuss how the San Francisco Giants could make the 2023 postseason, and the latest trade rumors surrounding the MLB.
All that & more on Sactown Sports.
“He is Mike Trout and he is Gerrit Cole all rolled into one,” Herrera said on the show Friday. “So what would Mike Trout go for? For a team that wants to rent a player, an awful lot. Then you add a guy who could be a number two or three [starting pitcher] for you and has no-hit stuff every time; you’re gonna get a ton. I don’t know if the Halos are ever going to be able to get fair market value for a top-line pitcher and a top-line hitter that comes in one body, it’s going to be difficult. So if anybody’s gonna move forward and go pick him up, then somebody’s got to overpay and blow the Angels away.”
Additional topics discussed include:
- How does Rich see the Shohei Ohtani situation playing out?
- Rich’s thoughts on Reds’ prospect Elly De La Cruz
- How have the SF Giants surprised people this season?
- Could the Giants make the postseason?
- Is the rest of the NL West bad?
- Are the Giants & Diamondbacks buyers at the trade deadline?
- Any good news surrounding the Oakland A’s?