Sacramento Kings select Jalen Slawson with 54th pick in NBA Draft
Jun 22, 2023, 9:48 PM
(Photo by Kevin Sabitus/Getty Images)
The Sacramento Kings have selected forward Jalen Slawson out of Furman University with the 54th selection in the 2023 NBA Draft.
Slawson, a 6’7 wing with a 6’11 wingspan, averaged 15.6 points, 7.1 rebounds, 3.2 assists, 1.5 steals, and 1.5 blocks per game while shooting 55 percent from the field and 39 percent from three-point range over 36 games.
The 23-year-old will provide Sacramento with a high-scoring, defensive wing presence–something that the Kings have lacked in recent years.
Slawson was a fifth-year senior at Furman where he received his second-straight Southern Conference Player of the Year honor. The wing shoots over 40 percent on catch-and-shoot three-point field-goal attempts and over 60 percent at the rim while defending positions three-through five.
The Kings will get their first look at the forward–along with guard Colby Jones–on July 3rd when Sacramento opens up the California Classic at Golden 1 Center.
This story is currently being updated
Sacramento Kings Offseason Schedule
- Thursday, June 22– 2023 NBA Draft
- Friday, June 30– Free Agent negotiating period begins
- Thursday, July 6– Free Agents can begin signing deals
- Friday, July 7–Monday, July 17– NBA Summer League in Las Vegas
- August TBD– 2023-24 NBA regular season schedule release
- September TBD– Sacramento Kings training camp begins