Sam Amick believes Steph Curry, Warriors are not taking the Kings lightly
Oct 19, 2023, 9:45 AM | Updated: Oct 20, 2023, 11:27 am
The Athletic’s Sam Amick joined “The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross” Thursday to provide the latest update on the James Harden situation, Steph Curry continuing to torment the Kings even in preseason, and more.
In attendance for Wednesday night’s 116-115 loss, Amick said the atmosphere was electric for a preseason game. And that’s because with seconds left on the clock, Steph Curry buried a go-ahead three to give the Warriors the win.
“To see Steph pulling out the nighty-night move afterward, kind of told you everything you need to know about how even though it was preseason, he apparently has decided he enjoys telling the Kings they’re not going to get the best of him,” Amick said. “The Warriors are not sleeping on the Kings. They saw what they can do in the playoffs last year… I think for Steph, the Kings represent youth, they represent the perceived end-of-the-run for him, and not to get too deep, but I do think there is a connection between Steph Curry keeping the Kings at bay and Steph continuing his greatness.”
Additional topics discussed include:
- Is a James Harden trade still possible? If not, what’s next between him and the 76ers?
- Who shares more of the blame in the 76ers situation, James Harden or Daryl Morey?
- How are new coach Nick Nurse and star center Joel Embiid processing the situation?
- “I fully expect him [James Harden] to lose a lot of money if this continues.”
- Are there any teams outside of the Los Angeles Clippers interested in Harden?
Listen to The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross from 6 – 11 a.m. PST, Monday through Friday, on Sactown Sports 1140. Subscribe to their podcast here. Follow us on Twitter and be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.