Sam Amick on where Domantas Sabonis stands with his contract extension
Jun 22, 2023, 9:56 AM
(Photo by Lachlan Cunningham/Getty Images)
Sam Amick, of The Athletic, joined The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross on draft day to share his thoughts on the latest trade news and rumors swirling around the NBA, the future of Domantas Sabonis with the Sacramento Kings, and more.
Sabonis enters the 2023-24 season on the final year of his contract. The Kings could sign their center and the three-time All-Star to an extension this summer worth up to $121 million over four years.
Amick said in the brief time he’s looked into the extension, he couldn’t get a pulse on where the situation stood.
“I have for sure been assuming, that even with the increase and the extension possibilities, that Domas …would be up next year, but who knows. You have seen situations where guys decide that the pathway and the shelf life of a particular group is such that maybe it’s better to just lock in now. I don’t anticipate that happening, but we’ll see, never say never.”
Topics discussed include:
- Early thoughts on the trade between the Washington Wizards, Boston Celtics and Memphis Grizzlies
- If Memphis got the best player in the deal with Marcus Smart
- Why was Kristaps Porzingis the target for Boston?
- Are there any rumors surrounding the Sacramento Kings and their late first-round pick?
- How does NBA Draft Day compare to the trade deadline and free agency?
- Khris Middleton opting out of his contract and becoming a free agent
Listen to The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross from 6 – 11 a.m. PST, Monday through Friday, on Sactown Sports 1140. Subscribe to their podcast here. Follow us on Twitter and be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.