Dave Meltzer discusses news of Vince McMahon returning to WWE
Jan 6, 2023, 4:23 PM | Updated: 4:43 pm
(Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)
Last summer, former WWE CEO Vince McMahon retired following allegations of sexual misconduct.
But he couldn’t stay gone forever, as 2023 in wrestling continues to be as crazy as 2022. On Thursday, McMahon announced his return to the WWE’s Board of Directors.
On Friday, Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer Newsletter joined Cattles & Ramie to recap the latest drama surrounding the McMahon family and the WWE.
Topics discussed include:
- How surprised was Dave that Vince McMahon returned to the WWE Board of Directors?
- Vince’s strategy to remove board members because he owns a major of the company’s stock and now he’s back in charge
- What led to McMahon’s change of heart?
- Is the WWE looking to sell? If so, would potential new buyers want the company to be run by Vince McMahon or the people who replaced him last summer?
- Should fans believe that Paul Levesque, aka HHH, will not be removed from his role as head of creative?
- If there is a chance Dana White could be removed from his position within the UFC after a New Year’s Eve video surfaced showing White slapping his wife
- Has media coverage been fair and consistent around the Dana White news?
Click here to watch and listen to the full interview with Dave Meltzer.
Listen to Cattles & Ramie from 3 – 6 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday right here on Sactown Sports 1140.
Click here for full episodes of The Cattles & Ramie Show.