Where does Trey Lance stand in the 49ers’ QB battle?
Aug 2, 2023, 11:38 AM
(Photo by Michael Zagaris/San Francisco 49ers/Getty Images)
As San Francisco 49ers training camp roles on, the chatter surrounding the team’s quarterback battle is getting louder by the day.
Pac-12 Network broadcaster Guy Haberman joined Whitey & Watkins on Wednesday to share his thoughts on the 49ers’ quarterback battle, discussed if the rumors surrounding Trey Lance’s “shaky” standing on the roster are true, and much more.
Plus: Will rookie kicker Jake Moody make an impact on the heels of Robbie Gould’s exit?
- Is Trey Lance on “shaky ground” with the San Francisco 49ers?
- Where does Trey Lance currently stand in the 49ers’ quarterback competition?
- Is this quarterback competition a ‘positive’ for San Francisco because of the several options that are involved?
- Is it possible that rookie kicker Jake Moody will be an upgrade from Robbie Gould?
- “It’s hard to upgrade on perfect in the playoffs, which is what Robbie was. Those are the pressure kicks… I hope he has a good preseason and gets off on the right foot.”
Be sure to check out Guy Haberman’s podcast, Haberman & Middlekauff, by clicking here!
Listen to Whitey & Watkins from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday, right here on Sactown Sports 1140. Subscribe to their podcast here.