Jerry Reynolds on how Nerlens Noel will compliment Sabonis, Len
Jul 22, 2023, 7:00 AM
(Photo by Sarah Stier/Getty Images)
On Friday, the Sacramento Kings made their signing of free-agent center Nerlens Noel official.
Selected with the sixth overall pick in the 2013 NBA Draft, Noel is now the fourth Kentucky alumn on the roster.
Legendary Sacramento Kings broadcaster, coach, and general manager Jerry Reynolds joined Whitey & Watkins Friday to talk about the signing, along with a slew of other topics.
“Nerlens, he can protect the basket pretty well. He’s very unselfish player, you know, can make the shot a little bit. I don’t think there’s a lot of difference between him and Alex Len. Alex is probably a more physical player, they both can make perimeter shots occasionally. I think Nerlens is more athletic and quicker off his feet. My guess is it’s just a case of Coach Brown has another way to play depending on the opponent and the time of the game.”
Additional topics discussed include:
- Why the Damian Lillard trade has taken so long to happen
- What is the offseason like for coaches?
- Reactions to the team signing Nerlens Noel
- Does Trey Lyles have the tools to back up Domantas Sabonis
- Reggie Theus used to hunt pheasant with a bow and arrow in the fields around Arco Arena
- What was it like to be in the presence of Bill Russell when he was a member of the Kings organization
Listen to Whitey & Watkins from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday, on Sactown Sports 1140. Thank you for reading SactownSports.com. Follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.