Report: Khris Middleton re-signs with Bucks; signs 3-year deal
Jun 30, 2023, 3:54 PM
(Photo by Thearon W. Henderson/Getty Images)
We now know where Khris Middleton is playing next year.
According to multiple reports, Middleton is staying with the Milwaukee Bucks on a new three-year, $102 million deal. His contract reportedly includes a player option.
Middleton, who was tied to the Sacramento Kings as a potential free agent signing, played only 33 games last season because of injuries. When he did play, he didn’t look like the three-time All-Star.
Three-time All-Star Khris Middleton has agreed on a new three-year, $102 million deal to stay with the Milwaukee Bucks, his agents Mike Lindeman and Jeff Schwartz of @excelbasketball tell ESPN. Middleton keeps franchise a championship contender with his return. Player option. pic.twitter.com/o2E7vXXQj8
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) June 30, 2023
From 2019 through 2022, the 31-year-old forward/guard averaged 20.4 points a game, 5.1 assists, and nearly 6 rebounds. Last season, Middleton was only able to average 15.1 points and under five rebounds and assists per game.
While free agents can negotiate and agree to new contracts, those deals do not become official until 12:01 a.m. EST, July 6.
Sacramento Kings Offseason Schedule
- Friday, June 30– Free Agent negotiating period begins
- Monday, July 3rd & Wednesday, July 5th – California Classic Summer League at Golden 1 Center
- Thursday, July 6– Free Agents can begin signing deals
- Friday, July 7–Monday, July 17– NBA Summer League in Las Vegas
- August TBD– 2023-24 NBA regular season schedule release
- September TBD– Sacramento Kings training camp begins