Chris Biderman on why the Sacramento Kings need to make a splash in free agency
Jun 28, 2023, 5:00 PM
(Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)
Chris Biderman, the senior sports reporter for the Sacramento Bee, joined Cattles & Ramie to discuss the latest free agency rumors swirling around the Sacramento Kings and the NBA.
When asked if the Kings need to make a big splash, Biderman said they probably need to make a big move to get better. He also points out that the Western Conference wasn’t great last year and teams like the Warriors, Suns, and maybe even the Clippers could be better.
“Mike Brown said this a lot that the easy part is to go from bad to good, the really hard part is to go from good to great,” Biderman told Cattes & Ramie. “And given that the West is probably going to be better than last year, given that the Kings are going to come into this season with far more expectations, given that they are probably not going to sneak up on anybody next year, I think it’s going to be a tougher road upcoming for them. If their roster isn’t appreciatively better, getting the three seed might be a lot more difficult.”
Additional topics discussed include:
- Should fans be prepared for a big swing by the Sacramento Kings when free agency opens on Friday?
- Was the draft night trade of Richaun Holmes made with a bigger deal in mind?
- Why he believes signing Draymond Green doesn’t make sense from a financial perspective
- Are the names being floated in NBA free agency rumors big enough splashes for the Kings?
- Do the Kings and center Domantas Sabonis agree on a contract extension this summer?
Listen to Cattles & Ramie from 2 – 6 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday, right here on Sactown Sports 1140. Subscribe to their podcast here. Thank you for reading SactownSports.com. Follow us on Twitter, and be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.