Sam Amick says the Sacramento Kings had a good summer
Jul 6, 2023, 10:15 AM
(Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)
The Athletic’s Sam Amick joined The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross to talk about how the Sacramento Kings have handled their summer offseason moves and the latest news surrounding Portland’s Damian Lillard.
So far this offseason, the Kings locked up center Domantas Sabonis to a contract extension, signed EuroLeague MVP Sasha Vezenkov and brought back Harrison Barnes on a team-friendly deal. The team also made a few smaller moves to help bolster their bench, like bringing back Alex Len and Trey Lyles and trading for Chris Duarte from Indiana.
“I actually like their offseason,” Sam told Dave and Jason, adding that adding Vezenkov could be the impact move of the summer.
Topics discussed include:
- How much of what’s happening between Damian Lillard and the Portland Trail Blazers is being manipulated by agents
- Can the Trail Blazers trade Lillard to a team that’s not Miami?
- Will Damian Lillard follow through on what he’s saying right now?
- Why does the Heat stand out for Lillard?
- If Chris Paul wasn’t traded to the Golden State Warriors, could Lillard have ended up in San Francisco?
- Which free agent signing is the most intriguing?
- If it was a surprise the Sacramento Kings played Keegan Murray during the California Classic
- Being in Las Vegas for the NBA Summer League
Listen to The Carmichael Dave Show with Jason Ross from 6 – 11 a.m. PST, Monday through Friday, on Sactown Sports 1140. Subscribe to their podcast here. Follow us on Twitter and be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel.